And the radio man says...

Copyright Ian Shane

13 April 2010

Week 6 Review, Week 7 Preview

Another week, another final table appearance at Erick’s Bar in St. Paul. The bad news is that this was my lowest finish in Session 2. The good news is that it helped extend my lead in the points chase. I am now almost 200 points up with 2 weeks to go, which is not a lock for a league session championship and an automatic bid to the state tournament May 22. There are some really good players behind me in the points, and any of the top 10 can win a tournament and pile on some point quickly. However, if I have point finishes the last two weeks, I’ll be in a good position to pull off the biggest improbable run since Butler’s Championship Game appearance.

I was fortunate that the winner and second runner up were new to this session. Let’s hope for more new players and not chopping pots on my only good hands.



No comments: